The Best Potatoes Au Gratin (Gluten-Free)
- 9 by 13 baking dish
- 5 lb Bag of Yukon potatoes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 1/2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Shredded Swiss
- 1/3 cup Shredded Gruyere
- 1/3 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Chives optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Grease the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish with olive oil
- Wash the potatoes under cold water and towel dry.
- Slice the potatoes into ⅛-inch slices. (you can use a knife or mandolin)
- Place the potato slices in a large pot filled with cold water and soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry the potatoes so there’s no excess water.
- Line the bottom of the greased baking dish with a layer of ⅓ of the potatoes.
- Pour ¾ cups cream over the top and sprinkle ⅓ swiss cheese and a pinch of garlic powder on top.
- Repeat by adding a second layer using ⅓ of the potatoes on top with adding ¾cup of cream and top with the ⅓ gruyere and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Repeat for the third and final layer using the remaining sliced potatoes on top and pouring the remaining milk and sprinkling the ⅓ cheddar cheese and remaining garlic powder on top.
- You can add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- At this point remove the foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese and edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle the chives on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!